Despite increasing use of digital marketing techniques, lead-generation telemarketing remains one of the most popular marketing techniques used by companies to find new and repeat customers. When done effectively, telemarketing can help you connect with your prospective clients, generate leads, and expand your customer base.
This article provides a step-by-step guide to help telemarketers learn how to conduct a call in a professional manner and earn tangible benefits from it.
Step 1: Planning Your Telemarketing Campaign
Just like any other business activity, it is important that you plan your telemarketing campaign to achieve greater results.
- Know Your Objective: The most common objective of a telemarketing campaign is to find more leads and drive more sales. If you are making outbound calls to customers to drive more sales, you should determine the products or services you will be focusing on. Identify the main features of the products and craft a SHORT pitch so that you can deliver valuable information to your customers in the shortest possible time.
- Know Your Customers: Another important thing is to determine who will be the target of your marketing campaigns. Do you wish to reactivate dormant customers in your existing customer base or are you targeting a new group of prospects? It is important that you know more about target customers to deliver your message in the best possible way.
Step 2: Get on the phone!
Grabbing and retaining the recipient’s attention during the calling process is not an easy task. Here are some tips and tricks to help:
- Keep it short: remember even 30 seconds talking sounds forever on the phone! Keep your pitch short. 2 or 3 sentences will be sufficient.
- Do not: do not start with ‘how are you today?’ If the prospect asks then ask back but be respectful and get to the point quickly.
- Open Questions: Once you’ve done your pitch ask an open question. Keep the dialogue going and remember listen more and talk less. Tailor your pitch to the answers to your questions.
- Clear benefits: Make it clear what the product / service does and what the benefits are. Quantify the benefits somehow (i.e. customers on average reduce their IT spend by 22%).
- Signing Off: Make it clear what the next stages will be (i.e. an appointment, a confirmation email, a follow up in 2 months).
Step 3: Measuring the Campaign Response
Monitoring your campaign response is extremely important to determine the effectiveness of your telemarketing campaigns. The key question being: what was your Return on Investment? Set key performance indicators (KPIs) and measure your performance against them. Monitor your conversion rate, sales, and revenue. You may also consider measuring intangible performance indicators as well, such as customers’ feedback, testimonials, etc.
The Lead Generation Company
Would you like to know more about lead generation through telemarketing? The Lead Generation Company can help you get more pre-qualified leads and revenue through its effective telemarketing techniques. To know more about our products and services, contact us today at 0844 415 2500, email email@example.com
Watch our new video: https://vimeo.com/142607075